B 4 blessings.....my 4 boyssss

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fall Banner

Is it toooooo early to start thinking of fall???  With all the 100 degree temps in SE KS the crisp autumn air will be so refreshing when it arrives....In anticipation of the coming season I created a fall banner.
I have Incorporated a ton of ribbons and fibers on my banner....toooo much is never enough...lol!
 I visited the Graphics Fairy and used some of her awesome vintage images to create charms.  If you've never done this before it is such an easy process...simply apply glossy accents to a Tim Holtz fragment...apply to image...smear around a bit and place on the part of the image you want on your charm...then just cut out...so much fun!  My letters are cut from Storybook...I've layered three of each, embossed, inked and then added some perfect pearls in green patina.
 Don't you just love the big harvest moon I found on her sight....I save the photos to my computer...inserted them into a word document...made them the size I wanted and printed out on photo paper...card stock will do in a pinch.
 I've also made charms from calenders from one of Tim Holtz's paper stacks...these are from the Lost and Found stash...I made charms from all of the months included in the fall season...and added charms that reminded me of the holiday we celebrate in each month.
 I made a little alpha charm from the same TH stash...q for quail...reminded me that school begins....I also added a charm that I made using a b/w photo of my boys....you can see it in the right corner.....
 The shipping tags and the chipboard leaves are both distressed with the same technique...I used fall colors in these distress inks for the tags...spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, and scattered straw...for the leaves I used those and wild honey, walnut stain, tea dye, forest moss and bundled sage.  Blot craft mat (i use a laminated placemat that I picked up at the $1 store) with the ink colors you want to use, being careful not to mix colors on your pads...then spritz with water and run tag or chipboard piece through them...Tim has the best techniques...after the tags dried I ran them through my cuttlebug with one of his embossing folders and then double distressed them with walnut stain, running the pad directly over the raised image and along each edge of the tag.  I added some of the green patina perfect pearls to the chip board leaves and finished them off with stickles.
 I also added a word tag by Tim and a heart trinket from FabScraps....please enjoy my video if you would like to see additional views.......thanx for stopping by today....

click on link to view video

Happy Scrappin,

Sandy

Just wanted to add some outdoor photos...last night i was in such a rush to post...these are a bit easier to see!







3 comments:

  1. This banner is beautiful!!! Love all the fibers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your banner is gorgeous!!!! It looks so rich and the colours so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...you really outdid yourself on this Sandy. I love all the charms and the ribbon and frill...what a way to bring in the fall season. Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete